CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 17, 2008

Oh NOse You Didn't!

I was all set to put in a good day of hard work. I was actually looking forward to finishing up with all the wall paper tear down. I was just finishing getting the kids set up in the "play room" at our Soda Springs office, when Porter informed me that he had a toy stuck in his nose. I wasn't too concerned and continued hooking up the wii. When I was finished he was crying about not being able to get it out. I looked in his nose, but I couldn't see anything. The crying continued so I used a pair of tweezers to hold his nose open further, and sure enough way way up there I could see some thing green. I assumed that it was a green pellet. Jeff and I decided that there was no way we could get it out, so off to the ER I took him. I thought it would be a simple little procedure to get it out, and of course that simple procedure would cost an arm and a leg! So we start with I syringe and saline. Porter HATED that one. No luck. We moved on to nose picking tools (I have no idea what they really are). Porter HATED that even worse. Then we tried the blow test. This one was my personal favorite. I had to hold his right nostril closed while blowing as hard as I could in his mouth. The desired effect would be that the toy would blow out. All that blew out was SNOT and on MY cheek!! On the plus side, Porter LOVED that one. Next we tried to vacuum it out. No luck. Porter has had enough by now! And Last but definitely not least we decide to knock him out. So he freaks out when the nurse inserted the needle in his leg and he pulled it out before they made the injection. This left a nice cut on his leg. Once they got it in he was out before I could lay him down. Poor guy. It was AWFUL to watch. About 15 minutes later, YEA we found the toy. Can you tell what it is???




It is a sleeve off of a Polly Pocket dress Brinley bit it off in church a couple weeks ago. So not only are they choking hazards, but nose hazards too. And it only took 4 1/2 hours to get it out. I would say the ER doctor earned the arm and leg this time!

As you can tell, Porter is proud of his experience!


Doesn't this just call to you to shove it up your nose?!

3 comments:

Bean said...

Poor thing!let's hope he learned his lesson. What a cutie!

Dorian and Angie said...

OK Holly, I know we only met one time on the ski hill (this is Dorian) but im gonna give you another tip to try next time (im sure this is not the last). Im usually the one they call into the ER to put these little guys out for stuff like this and its not fun for them. Try some nose spray (Phenelepherine). I've tried it quite a few times on little ones in the ER and even on one of my own and it usually works. Just a thought...

Ruuddudes said...

Oh, Holly! Snot blew onto your CHEEK??? You truly ARE a MOM! I'm SO SORRY! But, I'm laughing hilariously at the same time. Your poor little guy! I think I'd rather go toilet-fishing than toy-up-the-nose fishing! :)