CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Broken Week!


Caden thought it would be awesome if he could slam dunk a ball. He didn't let his not being tall enough get in the way. Instead he climbed up the bleachers and jumped. He did dunk that ball and he even had enough momentum left to pull the entire basket ball hoop down. He is lucky the rim only landed on his finger and not his head! He shattered the tip of his finger and needed a stitch to hold down the flap of skin(which he didn't get any numbing for!), and had to have a hole drilled in his nail. Nothing that a little time and TLC won't cure.



Now my Emmie on the other hand had to go and break her leg. It was a pretty big break, but it stayed in place so it should heal nicely. It is by a growth plate, so her doctor is going to keep a close eye on it. Oh and by the way the cause of the break... Trampoline. I doubt I need to explain further!

12 comments:

Amy said...

Oh man, and I thought we'd had trauma with Paige's 5 stitches in her toe! You win! Yikes! Hope your little people are feeling better. And you are surviving it all! *Hugs*

Bean said...

Ouch!! That sure looks like it hurts! I hope they both feel better very soon. Love you guys!

The Farmer's Wife said...

The office is looking great. Poor Caden, JC's nail is just now coming back after he smashed it under some metal something. It was nasty and of course he would not go to the doctor, he pulled the nail off by himself. *shudders*

J.J. said...

Sorry to hear your two kids got hurt, that's never fun, and it is so hard to see your kids in pain!

MaRea Hess said...

Broken bones and summer, they come together. Kaden also broke his arm this week no fun!!! An arm is a little easier than a leg, i'm sure she's a good sport.

MaRea Hess said...

Broken bones and summer, they come together. Kaden also broke his arm this week no fun!!! An arm is a little easier than a leg, i'm sure she's a good sport.

Tanya said...

Oh my gosh...like you didn't have anything else going on in your life!! That picture of Emilee breaks my heart.

Ruuddudes said...

Poor kiddos! And to think, Summer is only beginning. There will be a LOT more of that coming!

ANDY and MANDY said...

LIFE NEVER IS DULL WITH KIDS. THE OFFICE LOOKS GREAT! I AM HOPING THAT MY NEXT EYE APPT. I CAN JUST COME TO JEFF. I USUAL GO TO LOGAN, BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO BE CLOSER. TAKE CARE.

Anonymous said...

Ouch!!! Full time work and kids breaking bones you are one busy mom! I am not looking forward to when that happens!

Jared and Steph Gunn said...

Hey Holly,

Dropping in to tell you I love you and that if you have not blogged for two weeks then you must be on the same train I'm on. the one that never stops or slows down to let me off. I think some days that I just might jump. What do you say. 1...2....3... Go!

Sonnet said...

My goodness!! Poor kids. Hey girl I added you to my list of friends and family so I can check ya out easier.