CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 11, 2008

Grandma Hyer

Yesterday, July 10th, my Grandma Hyer passed away. She was a lady of conviction, if she wanted something done she knew how to go about it. She was well known in her home town of Wahiawa, HI. When I googled her I was amazed at how many times she showed up for doing things for her community. Because my Grandma was from Hawaii I wasn't able to be with her nearly as much as I would have liked to. She only met Jeff once and never got to meet any of my kids in person. I feel bad that they will only know her in pictures and stories. Grandma wasn't one for showing much affection, but she always was kind and loving to me. I will miss her and I hope she can find Joy in the next life.


7 comments:

Bean said...

I'm sorry about your Grandma! Nice pictures!
Love you!

Lisa said...

Holly, I am so sorry about your cute Grandma. What cute pictures! I am glad you have those. I don't have any of me and my grandparents and I wish I would have taken some before they passed away. I can't wait until we are all together again someday! Know you are loved!

J.J. said...

So sorry to hear about your grandma. She sounds like a really wonderful women.

Jared and Steph Gunn said...

oh Holly, sorry about your grandma. That is sad. I hope all else is well with you. i miss you and you live 5 minutes away from me!!

Sonnet said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma Holly!

ANDY and MANDY said...

Hollly, I am sorry to hear about your grandma. She sounded like a great lady. Hope your summer is going good and hope to chat soon

Tanya said...

I'm sorry about your Grandma!

But on a bright note, I loved getting to see your 90's clothes and hair. ;) We could have been twins with our floral, poof dresses and crunchy, curly locks!! I can tell you were a babe-- and still are!